Another week, another list of ten things making our world better.
1. This instagram. Jen Winston of girlpowersupply is a beautiful mixture of inspiration, laughter, joy, sorrow, anger and love. Her posts wake you up to the realities of the world and allow learning without shame. All of her posts are important.
2. This vegan creamer. November is here and the leaves are finally starting to change in Virginia. This vegan pumpkin spice creamer is just the best. I’m not a hard core pumpkin spice fan but oh baby this stuff is good- I may have waited 30 minutes for a very kind, patient Target employee to find it in the back for me because I refused to go through the week without it.
3. This playlist. In my new open workspace it can get very quiet. Sometimes I appreciate the gentle silence but other times I love a bit of background noise. This playlist is beautiful and soothing. It acts like white noise, just more calming. I play it in my headphones when I need to focus. I’m playing it now, as I write.
5. This podcast. An amazing friend mentioned this podcast and I’ve fallen in love with it. Arianna Huffington sits down with notable leaders, celebrities, athletes and influencers to learn how prioritizing well-being — instead of burnout and overwork — has made them happier and more successful. Chelsea Handler’s episode is my current favorite.
6. This youtuber. Estee Lalonde is a Canadian youtuber living in London. She is creative, refreshing and fun to watch. Her podcast and her instagram are beautiful as well.
7. This blogger. Heather is a plant base, Canadian, millennial mama to the most adorable little one. Her blog and instagram are so bright and beautiful.
8. This book. Brene Brown’s new book- need I say more? Brene is answering questions about the book on her LinkedIn each week as well. She is brave, smart, kind and challenges me- lovely.
9. This charity. Glennon Doyle is a human empathy machine. When I don’t know how to help or what to do I turn to her.
10. This mama. Kitty Cotten is mama to little Harriet. I love literally everything about her.
“My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” Maya Angelou